CMW Night 2- From Spadina to Bathurst and Back...

What I love about Canadian Music Week, is that there are SO many bands to see, and I guess the bad thing about Canadian Music Week, is there is not enough time to see them all. I was lucky on my second night, as all the shows I had planned to see were spread up and down Queen Street West. Over the course of the night I was in the Rivoli, Shanghai Cowgirl, Czehoski and back again.   


First stop of the night was the Rivoli for a "secret" show by the newest band on the "Boyband" scene in Canada, ElevenPastOne.  These boys from Bowmanville Ontario have been on my radar since I first heard their catchy tune "The World Is Ours" on the radio.  They do not yet have a full length album, but if their show was any indication  these boys are here to stay for a while. This showcase was actually my first of two shows I caught of theirs during Canadian Music Week so I will write more in the other review, for now.. check out some photos.








The next stop on this crazy busy night was down the street at the bar/restaurant Shanghai Cowgirl to check out a acoustic set by the insanely talented Morgan Cameron Ross.  This boy is beyond talented and this small show was just a sneak peak of what we were in for later in the week when he played the Supermarket, so stay tuned for a full review and photos from that show  !!! 


 
Up next we packed ourself into the small back bar in Czehoski to check out Trouble and Daughter. If you have been keeping up with what is new in the Toronto music scene, then most likely these guys/ and girl have been on your radar.  I have written about them before so I won't say much, other then they are seriously amazing, unique and if you listen to them... I can promise you that you will fall in love. 




I made it back to the Rivoli just intime to catch the"secret band" which by that time we all knew was Canadian royality, Treble Charger. They had their comeback at last years CMW and they always bring me back to my high school days. They were the perfect end to the night. Performing a solid hour of tunes that we all know and love, in a small venue. It was so awesome to watch a band I grew up listening to, surrounded by other bands I love such as members of Finger Eleven, USS and Marianas Trench. I hope these guys keep this whole comeback up.. cuz I am loving it !





No comments:

Post a Comment