Punkrawk, Rain and Ferris Wheels ! Riotfest 2015


The end of Music Festival Season, marks the end of summer, and RIOTFEST was the perfect end to a crazy summer of music !   When a music festival combines 2 nights of Weezer, Wu-Tang, Rancid and Ontario royality ALEXISONEFIRE, you know you are in for one hell of a weekend.  My weekend started out pretty rough, as it was thunderstorming most of the day. We tried to make it to the festival grounds regardless, but after getting completely soaked myself and my homegirl decided to abort mission and head back to the hotel and get dry and wait for the storm to pass. Made it back to the Festival just intime for Weezer to take the stage for night one of their two nights of performances. I have seen Weezer play so many times, and while they put on a decent show, they do nothing spectacular to wow me.   As always, ALEXISONFIRE killed it and had the crowd going insane the whole set. 

Day two brought out the sun, and some amazing performances from Frank Turner, who by the way puts on a beyond incredible performance and had everyone dancing like crazy.  Punk Rock gods RANCID killed it and I ended my weekend, and festival season, with another performance from Weezer. 

Overall it was the perfect ending to a killer summer of festivals... 













No comments:

Post a Comment