I got Love for 100 Monkeys.


I LOVE discovering new music, and I love it more when I find a band that is everything that a good band should be. Charismatic musicians, catchy songs, talent and extremely good looks.. and I found it when I went to the MOD Club on Saturday Night. I have heard of the band called 100 Monkeys a few times from a friend of mine, but I had never really paid attention. Made up of Ben Graupner, Ben Johnson, Jackson Rathbone, Jerad Anderson and "Uncle", these guys brought a passion and a energy to the stage that I have not seen in a while. They are a mix of pop, mixed with funk and add a dash of some southern soul and that is how I would describe this band of boys. ! 
One of the coolest things about this band is that they don't just stick to one instrument. During the hour and a half set, the guys would switch instruments as well as taking turns with lead and backing vocals, giving each member of the band a time to shine. I thought this was pretty rad, as I don't think I have ever seen this before. You may actually recognize one of the members, Jackson Rathbone, from his roles in Twilight, but he has proven that he is just as talented as a musician.







for more info on 100 Monkeys : @100monkeysmusic or facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment